Waitakere Ranges Recreation Map

Here area few shots of a map I made while working at Auckland Council. It is probably the best thing (cartographically) that I've worked on professionally. They are some photographs of the finished brochure. I took over the second Council generation version (previously maintained outside council).

This map was put together mainly with ArcMap and then the large scale graphic fills like marsh and sand were added using Illustrator to stop the file size blowing out in ArcGIS.

The best features I designed were the rocky coastal shapes, cartographically these look the same as hand drawn rocks but were made using vector icons and line features.

As I no longer work there I won't go too deep into it, but these maps should still be available for purchase at the Arataki Visitor Centre

or for more information on the area visit




Comments

Popular Posts